This amaryllis flower is one my favorite things in the garden. We were carefully watching it and waiting for it to bloom. It smells so good. It was my birthday on April 20th and Suresh got me these tulips. I was very happy because they reminded me of when we were in Holland in 2017 for the tulip festival. We have a rose bush with lots of pink roses and this is one of them. Yellow and white iris came too.
We have been enjoying the great weather the last few days. Sushma and I relaxed on the deck in the afternoons, where she practiced reading Telugu. The weather is so nice, some of the flowers think it is already Spring! But, it is going to freeze this weekend, so we brought in a lot of the daffodil buds. Sometimes it's funny when Sushma struggles to read Telugu. All our daffodil buds! So excited for them to bloom. Our Chinese Fringe Flower tree is also blooming and is very beautiful. I bought it a long time ago at Lowe's on sale. Chinese Fringe Flower Chinese Fringe Flower tree This week we also made a trip to get some free donuts from Heavenly Donut Company! Sushma had a coupon for a half dozen donuts - it was so hard to decide which ones to get. I love donuts, and I love them even more when they are free! I used to be scared to eat things like donuts, but now I realize life is short so I should enjoy. So happy about donuts!
Chinese lantern plant bellpepper angel trumpet or Datura I am excited because Figs are ready to pick them. I have been picking them. The birds are eating them but we have enough to enjoy. My husband thinks that I should let the birds eat them. By the time I pick them in the morning, some are already eaten by birds. I know a lot of people who like figs and I love to share them. One day, I was pulling some weeds and I got scared by a frog. First, I thought it was a snake but this frog was cute and stayed there until I got a picture. The ground is wet and it is so easy to pull the weeds and transfer the plants.
Look at those little seedlings go. I love basil !! I hope they've already grown a bit !!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.