Special Occasions & Celebrations

There has been a lot happening since I last posted. I celebrated my 60th birthday and received lots of flowers, plants, and trees from my family and friends. We have been busy planting all the plants and trees in the garden. 


There is a robin that made a nest in our gazebo. Shilpa climbed up to take a photo of the eggs and we have been seeing the robin sitting on them. We are excited for baby birds. 

I have had lots of visitors. Sushma and Shilpa's friends brought their babies and I really enjoyed seeing them. Shilpa's friend Lavina and her husband Luke drove from Pontotoc, MS so that I could meet their baby and I could not believe they did that for me. Most recently, my siblings came along with some of my nieces and nephews. On the day this photo was taken we all wore two braids, even my mom, which made me laugh. 

This past Sunday, Sushma and Shilpa's mentors came to our house for a small PhD graduation ceremony because it was too difficult for me to attend their graduations this year. I am very proud of my daughters for getting their PhDs and I am so happy that their mentors could come so that I could see them graduate. Shilpa's advisor Dr. Gross came all the way from Mississippi which was nice. 


The garden has been full of surprises. Here is a photo of the baby opposum Shilpa found in our compost. It was eating fruit and was not scared of humans. 

I have not been feeling well lately. I am on hospice care and am having a lot of muscle pain and problems with choking when I eat or drink. I am also very tired these days and I am not sure how much more gardening I can do. It makes me happy to know that when I am gone Suresh and my daughters will take care of my garden. 


Comments

  1. Happy birthday! I'm so glad you could meet those sweet babies and see your daughters graduate. I will miss seeing you, shilpa, and your family this weekend at Ole Miss... you all are in our hearts! Thank you for sharing these lovely and funny stories and photos of your garden! - Marci W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet friend! Thinking about you and our fun gardening times together and praying for peace for you. Carol W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet friend! Thinking about you and our fun gardening times together and praying for peace for you. Carol W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you my Dear Friend! Your garden is the closest thing to Heaven I have ever seen on Earth. I am so glad I know you. You make my life so much better for knowing you. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. That garden is a window to something amazing. I remember the fireflies and turtles being so exciting when I and the rest of Shilpa/Sushma's cousins would visit as kids. My mother and I are grateful for the chance to spend time with your family. The "Leela's Garden" sign Shilpa got for the garden looks good :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Blooms

Dogwood Blooms